Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Avatar and the Actors?

One aspect that seems to be glossed over in the discussion of the Best Picture race is Avatar's lack of a SAG ensemble nomination.  Since the SAG started handing out awards some 15 years ago the only film to win Best Picture without it was Braveheart.  Given that many actor's mgiht not be too keen on Avatar's use of technology could hinder the movie even further.  Yes, of the favorites it's the most emotional, but given how cutting edge it is I wonder how much the older members of the Academy will be behind it?  Just some food for thought.  I hope to have another spreadsheet up on Monday chronicling the history of the Best Picture award and then my final predictions later next week.

1 comment:

  1. In these types of movies, acting is more like an afterthought. All the acting in Avatar, to me, seemed very "I'm acting as hard as I can!"

    ReplyDelete