Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Shutter Island and Who's That Knocking at My Door

Scorsese had a good weekend as Shutter Island easily took number one at the box office at this weekend.  All the fuss over this being a genre flick confuses me somewhat considering Scorsese has made more mainstream fare like Cape Fear and The Color of Money.  I also caught his first feature Who's That Knocking at My Door tonight, a mixed-bag of a movie.  The end result clearly exhibits Scorsese's progression of the film from a student movie to feature film, creating an effort that isn't as strong as other debut features.  However, given the ardent following Scorsese has, I'm a little shocked to how little seen this small movie is.  Two things stick out watching this movie, (Scorsese's love of movies and his love of music).  As has become standard Scorsese uses a bold soundtrack to bolster his story. Any fan of Scorsese should check this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment